Field Cottage is a split level, single storey building converted from a former stone barn offering uninterrupted views over Coverdale, Lower Wensleydale and beyond to the Vale of York. The cottage has a wealth of character features including floor to ceiling stone fireplace and wooden beams. Great care has been taken in the conversion and a high standard of accommodation is offered.
This cosy cottage is entered through a light and airy conservatory and porch, with room for coats and shoes, which opens into a modern, well-equipped, fitted kitchen and cosy lounge with dining area and a stone fireplace, with log burning stove. The beautiful views from the kitchen, lounge and conservatory are extensive.
Leading from the lounge is a short stairway of 5 steps, which in turn leads to two bedrooms and a modern fitted bathroom with bath, shower, washbasin and wc. One bedroom contains a double bed and chest of drawers and the other, two single beds and chest of drawers. There is a cupboard for hanging clothes on the landing.
There is a large private secure floodlit parking area and each cottage has its own patio with garden furniture.
- Duvets and pillows are provided, with linen and towels
- Biomass central heating and electricity included
- Log burning stove (with starter pack of fuel)
- Colour TV, DVD, Radio/CD player, microwave oven, shaver point, garden furniture, barbecue
- Wifi access
- Off-road secure parking and bicycle storage
- Property on a spring water supply
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Strictly non-smoking
- Dogs welcome (maximum 2 per cottage)
- Use of washing machine and tumble drier
- Walking – Many local walks from the door and easy access to the extensive Yorkshire Dales walking network
- Cycling – On the Yorkshire Dales Cycleway
- Shops – Leyburn or Middleham, 4 miles
- Pubs – Carlton, less than a mile (community pub); Middleham, 4 miles; West Witton, 2.5 miles
- Nearest bus – Leyburn, 4 miles
- Easy access by road to York, Harrogate, Ripon & Durham