West Close Cottage
West Close Cottage is a converted split-level, single-storey farm building worked in local stone, with unobstructed views over Coverdale, lower Wensleydale and beyond into the Vale of York. It boasts a wealth of character including floor to ceiling stone fireplace, wooden beams and galleried landing.
This cosy cottage is entered through a light and airy conservatory into the impressive lounge with stone fireplace, housing a log burning stove, and with exposed roof trusses and a railed gallery feature.
Surrounding the lounge are two bedrooms, one with a double bed and fitted wardrobe, the other with two single beds and dressing chest. There is a lobby with cupboard and adjoining modern bathroom with bath, shower, washbasin and wc.
Leading from the lounge (down three steps) is a large, well-equipped fitted kitchen/dining room with fresh, modern cabinets. The lounge, kitchen and conservatory all offer spectacular views over the dales.
This innovative conversion, supplemented by tasteful decoration and furnishings, provides a high standard of accommodation.
There is a large secure floodlit parking area to one side of the cottage and each cottage has its own patio area with garden furniture.
- Duvets and pillows are provided, with linen and towels
- Biomass central heating and electricity included
- Log burning stove (with starter pack of fuel)
- Colour TV, DVD, Radio/CD player, microwave oven, shaver point, garden furniture, barbecue
- Wifi access
- Off-road secure parking and bicycle storage
- Property on a spring water supply
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Strictly non-smoking
- Dogs welcome (maximum 2 per cottage)
- Use of washing machine and tumble drier
- Walking – Many local walks from the door and easy access to the extensive Yorkshire Dales walking network
- Cycling – On the Yorkshire Dales Cycleway
- Shops – Leyburn or Middleham, 4 miles
- Pubs – Carlton, less than a mile (community pub); Middleham, 4 miles; West Witton, 2.5 miles
- Nearest bus – Leyburn, 4 miles
- Easy access by road to York, Harrogate, Ripon & Durham